Denton is a large metropolitan city with more than 120,000 people. The campus supports 36,000 students during the school year. There are plenty of local grocery stores, restaurants, banks, bookstores, coffee shops, etc. Should you forget something important, we can secure if for you; however, below you will find a list of items many people might not typically think of when packing.
Laptop Use. We encourage students to bring computers. We find that nearly all of our students bring a laptop with them, and all divisions are “virtually paperless,” meaning we will print only what is absolutely necessary.
*This is just a guide.
For Class or Sessions
- Laptop Computer (HIGHLY recommended)
- Flash Drive (recommended)
- Legal/Letter size lined note pads
Clothing or Attire
- Lots of comfortable clothes for hot weather!
- There will be NO need for dressy or formal clothing
- Appropriate workout attire for running/swimming
- Laundry Detergent & Dryer Sheets (also available on site)
- Working knowledge of how to use laundry machines
For the Dorm
- Single Bed Sheets – Twin Long
- Alarm Clock(s)
- Change for laundry and copying
- Proper Toiletries
- Sandals for Shower
- Umbrella (you’d be surprised)
For your entertainment
- TV/VCR/DVD Player
- Audio Players
- Game consoles
- Spending Money
Expenses for photocopying, late night food/snacks, souvenirs, etc. It might be a good idea to have some traveler’s checks. There is a bank (Wells Fargo) located on campus.