While we pride ourselves on providing one of the most academically rigorous summer experiences around, we also recognize research showing that brains work best with breaks. Many students are inclined to work themselves a bit too hard each summer, so we have created some opportunities for students let off a little steam.
This schedule is tentative and will change as institute approaches. It should give you an idea of the types of activities we’re planning for this summer’s workshop.
Daily (optional, based on demand)
- 6am Workout – Sign up in the dorm office required. Meet in the lobby to stretch before jogging to the Rec center for a quick workout in our amazing facility. $5 per visit (Rec center entry fee & rules apply).
- 8:45 – 9:45pm Basketball – Play pickup games on the Kerr basketball court! Bring a ball – shoes required.
- Tuesday June 30: Cake & Ice Cream, 8:30-10pm, Kerr Hall
- Thursday July 2: Root Beer Floats, 8:30-10pm, Kerr Hall
- Saturday July 4: Birthday Celebration, 5-7pm, Kerr Hall
- Tuesday July 7, Soft Serve Ice Cream, 8:30-10pm, Kerr Hall
- Thursday July 9, Snow Cones, 8:30-10pm, Kerr Hall
- Saturday July 11, Glow Dancing, 8:30-10pm, Wesley Foundation
- Tuesday July 14, Dippin’ Dots, 8:30-10pm, Kerr Hall
- Thursday July 16, Dessert Pizza, 8:30-10pm, Kerr Hall
Important tips to enjoy your stay at MGW
- Drink lots of water! This is vital to your well-being through the workshop.
- Get plenty of sleep! Your brain and your body can’t function without it.