I have no speech or debate experience. Are the Mean Green Workshops right for me?
We welcome students of all skill levels, including novices who have never competed or students switching events. Students are divided into lab groups by skill level so that instruction will be tailored to individual needs. We offer separate novice labs during every session.
A typical daily schedule looks something like this:
- 7:30-8:30: Breakfast
- 8:45: Roll Call
- 9:00-12:00: Morning Session
- 12:00-1:00: Lunch (hour varies by session)
- 1:00-5:00: Afternoon Session
- 5:00-6:30: Dinner (varies by session)
- 6:30-9:30: Evening Session
- 10:00: Dorm outer doors lock
- 11:00: Room Check (students must stay on floor after this time)
- 12:00 am: Room Check (students must stay in rooms after this time)
- 12am – 7am: Quiet hours
Sunday’s schedule has no official workshop activity during the morning hours. This year, July 4 will be considered a typical instructional day.
End of the Workshop
Students will compete in a practice tournament at the end of each session. This is very valuable to the workshop experience, and students are requested to remain through the normal checkout process. On the last day of each session all students will be expected to depart campus by 12 pm.